Brent A. Murry
Ph.D., Aquatic Ecology, State University of New York – Syracuse, 2006
M.S., Applied Ecology and Conservation Biology, Frostburg State University, 1999
B.S., Wildlife Biology, California State University of Pennsylvania, 1995
- Statistical and simulation modeling of aquatic populations, food web structure, trophic relationships, and habitat.
- Implications of community species assembly and body-size structure on system stability and ecosystem functioning.
- Species habitat associations and energy use patterns as they influence community assembly and ecosystem functioning.
- The influence of invasive species and ecological perturbations on community dynamics, relative abundance of species, and ecosystem functioning.
- Trophic ecology of aquatic communities and the use of stable isotope / fatty acid tracers.
- Murry, B.A., Connerton, M.J., O’Gorman, R., Stewart, D.S., Ringler, N.H. 2010. Estimates of whole-lake Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) abundance, biomass, and gross consumption in Lake Ontario 1989 – 2005: implications to prey fish exploitation. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society.
- Farrell, J.M., Murry, B.A., Leopold, D.J., Halpern, A., Rippke, M., Godwin. K.S., and Hafner, S.D. 2010. Water level regulation and coastal wetland vegetation in the upper St. Lawrence River: Inferences from historical aerial imagery, seed banks, and Typha dynamics. Hydrobiologia.
- Connerton, M., B.A. Murry, N. Ringler, D. Stewart. 2009. Temporal changes in the contribution of wild Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) to the Lake Ontario sport fishery 1989 – 2005: implications to stocking decisions. Journal of Great Lakes Research 35: 419-429.
- Murry, B.A., J.M. Farrell, M. Teece, and K. Schulz. 2008. The effect of egg size and nutrient content on larval performance: implications to protracted spawning in northern pike ( Esox lucius Linnaeus, 1758). Hydrobiologia 601: 71-82.
- McKaye, K.R. and B.A. Murry. 2008. Sex role differentiation in brood defense by a Nicaraguan cichlid fish, Amphilophus xiloanensis. Caribbean Journal of Science 44(1): 13-20.
- Murry, B.A. and J.M. Farrell. 2007. Quantification of native muskellunge nursery habitat in the Upper St. Lawrence River: influence of body size, fish community composition, and vegetation structure. Environmental Biology of Fishes 79: 37-47.
- Murry, B.A. and J.M. Farrell, M. Teece, and P. Smyntec. 2006. Effect of lipid extraction on the interpretation of fish community trophic relationships determined by stable carbon and nitrogen isotopes. Canadian Journal of Fish and Aquatic Science 63: 2167-2172.
- Farrell, J.M., J. Mead, and B.A. Murry. 2006. Protracted spawning of St. Lawrence River northern pike (Esox lucius): simulated effects on survival, growth, and production. Ecology Freshwater Fish 15(2): 169-179.
- Halpern, A.D., J.M. Farrell, J.A. Toner, M. Beland, B.A. Murry, and D.J. Leopold. 2003. Can water-level control structures restore function and diversity of wetlands? (New York). Ecological Restoration 21(4): 317-318.
- Murry, B.A., E.P. van den Berghe, and K.R. McKaye. 2001. Brood defense behavior of three sibling species in the Amphilophus citrinellus species complex in Lake Xiloa, Nicaragua. Journal of Aquariculture and Aquatic Sciences. 9:134-149.
- Van den Berghe, E.P., B.A. Murry, M. Schweighofer, and J. Hale. 1995. Mariposas de la Laguna de Apoyo, Nicaragua. Rev. Nica. Ent. 34: 33-39.