- Ph.D., University of Delaware, 2009
- M.A., University of Delaware, 2007
- M.S., University of Delaware, 2005
- B.S., Michigan Technological University, 2003
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics; Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators; American Educational Research Association; Special Interest Group – Research in Mathematics Education
Teacher Education, Student Motivation in Mathematics, Systematic Study and Improvement of Teaching
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Steele, M., Flores, A., Jansen, A., Newton, K. J., Sword, S., & Wilkerson, T. L. (2009, April). Math Experiences for Math Educators: Exploring Open Mathematical Spaces. Symposium at the Research Pre-session of the Annual Meeting of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, Washington, D.C. Additional presenter.
- Phelps, C. M. (2007, October). How pre-service elementary teachers define being good at mathematics. Poster presented at the Annual Meeting of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, Lake Tahoe, NV.
- Greene, S. M., Beyers, J. E. R., Phelps, C. M., Johnson, D. Y., & Sieminski, E. M. (2007, March). Pre-service teachers’ evaluations of student understanding. Presentation at the research presession of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.