- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 1995
- M.A., The Ohio State University, 1990
- B.S.Ed., The Ohio State University, 1988
Mathematical Association of America (MAA), Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE), National Council of Teacher of Mathematics (NCTM), Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM)
Honors and Awards
- College of Science and Technology Outstanding Teaching Award, 2001
Use of technology in the teaching and learning of mathematics
Mathematics and Mathematics Education
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Lapp, D.A., Nyman, M., & Berry, J. (in press). Student Connections of Linear Algebra Concepts: An Analysis of Concept Maps. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology.
- Lapp, D.A. & St. John, D. (2009). Gifted and talented mathematics students: Perspectives from the USA. Mathematics in School, 38(3), 38-41.
- Lapp, D.A. & St. John, D. (2009). Dynamically connected representations: A powerful tool for the teaching and learning of mathematics. The International Journal for Technology in Mathematics Education, 16(1), 37-44. (Pre-print)
- Berry, J. S., Lapp, D.A., & Nyman, M.A. (2008). Using technology to facilitate reasoning: Lifting the fog from linear algebra, Teaching Mathematics and Its Applications, 27(2), 102-111.
- Manouchehri, A. & Lapp, D.A. (2003). Unveiling Student Understanding: The Role of Questioning in Instruction, Mathematics Teacher, 96(8), 562-566.
- Lapp, D. A. & Cyrus, V. F. (2000). Using Data Collection Devices to Enhance Student Understanding, Mathematics Teacher, 93(6), 504-510.
- Lapp, D. A. (1999). Multiple Representations for Pattern Exploration with the Graphing Calculator and Manipulatives, Mathematics Teacher, 92(2), 109-113.
- Lapp, D. A. & Moenk, S. J. (1999). Calculator-Based Laboratory Technology: What Does Research Suggest?, Presented at the12th International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics, San Francisco, CA, 4-7 November 1999.
- Lapp, D. A. (1999). Using Calculator-Based Laboratory Technology: Insights from Research, Presented at the Fourth International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching, Plymouth, United Kingdom, 9-13 August 1999.
- Lapp, D. A. (1997). A Theoretical Model for Student Perception of Technological Authority: Impact on Instruction, Presented at the Third International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching, Koblenz, Germany, 29 September-2 October 1997.