Mohamad S. Qatu
Director and Professor
School of Engineering and Technology
Ph.D., Engineering Mechanics, The Ohio State University, 1989
M.S., Engineering Mechanics, Ohio State University, 1986
B. Eng., Engineering (Honor), Yarmouk University, Jordan, 1985
MBA, Master of Business Administration (Certificate in Quality), 2002
Composite Structures, Vibrations, Engineering Design, Automotive Engineering
Patents and Prior Art
- Multi-Chamber and Tuned Pipe Systems for Fluid Borne Noise attenuation. Patent No. 6155378, Approved December 5, 2000.
- Air Bladder System for Attenuating Fluid Borne Noise, Prior Art No. 2002-0059959, 2002. Approved, May 2002.
- Qatu, MS "Effect of Inplane Edge Constraints on Natural Frequencies of Simply Supported Doubly Curved Shallow Shells,“ Thin-Walled Structures , Vol.49, pp 797-803, July 2011.
- Hajianmaleki, M, and Qatu, MS, "Book Chapter: Mechanics of Composite Beam" Book Chapter in “Composite Materials / Book 1," ISBN 978-953-307-218-0.
- Qatu, M.S. and Iqbal, "Transverse Vibration of a Two-Segment Cross-ply Composite Shafts with a Lumped Mass," Composite Structures, Vol. 92, pp. 1126–1131, 2010.
- Qatu, MS, Sullivan, RW, Wang, W, "Recent Research Advances in the Dynamic Behavior of Composite Shells: 2000-2009," Composite Structures Vol. 93, pp 14–31, 2010.
- Qatu, M.S., Abdelhamid, M.K., Pang, J, and Sheng, G., "Overview of Automotive Noise and Vibration," Int. J. Vehicle Noise and Vibration, Vol. 5, No. 1/2, 1-35, 2009.
- Dukkipati, RV, G Qie, J Zhu, M Qatu, “Vibrations and Instability in Automotive Front End Accessory Drive Belt System,” SAE Int. J. of Passenger Cars. Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1222-1236, 2009.
- Sheng, G, Zheng, H, Qatu, M.S, Dukkipati, R.V., "Modeling of Friction-Induced Noise of Timing Belt," Int. J. Vehicle Noise and Vibration, Vol. 4, No. 4, 285-303, 2008.