B.S., Chemistry, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, 1998
M.S., Chemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2004
Ph.D., Chemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2007
Physical chemistry of:
- Polymer blends and nanocomposites
- Interface science
- Cell-material interactions
Current Research Projects
- Thermodynamics and kinetics of functional polymer blends and nanocomposites. Phase equilibrium, chain conformation, kinetics of crystallization and phase separation.
- Polymer thin films and interfacial phenomena. Self-assembly, morphological instability, emulsion phase separation, wetting, dewetting, and adhesion.
- Modulation of cellular behavior by surface chemistry and topographic cues of polymer materials. Bio-interfacial phenomena and nanotoxicity.
- F. Song, B. Li, D. Stocum, “Amphibians as Research Models for Regenerative Medicine of Skeletal Tissues”, Organogenesis 2010 (Review), Accepted, In press.
- N. Rao, D. Jhamb, D. Milner, B. Li, F. Song, M. Wang, R. Voss, M. King, M. Palakal, B. Saranjami, H. Nye, J. A. Cameron, and D. Stocum, “Proteomic Analysis of Blastema Formation in Regenerating Axolotl Limbs”, BMC-Biology 2009, 7, 83.
- B. Li, H. Marand, A. R. Esker, “Dendritic growth of poly(e-caprolactone) crystals from compatible blends with poly(t-butyl acrylate) at the air/water interface”, Journal of Polymer Sciences B: Polymer Physics 2007, 45, 3200.
- B. Li, A. R. Esker, “Molar mass dependent growth of poly(e-caprolactone) crystals in Langmuir films”, Langmuir 2007, 23, 2546.
- B. Li, A. R. Esker, “Blends of poly(e-caprolactone) and intermediate molar mass polystyrene as Langmuir films at the air/water interface”, Langmuir 2007, 23, 574.
- B. Li, Y. Wu, M. Liu and A. R. Esker, “Brewster angle microscopy study of poly(e-caprolactone) crystal growth in Langmuir films at the air/water interface”, Langmuir 2006, 22, 4902.
- S. Ni, W. Lee, B. Li, A. R. Esker, “Thermodynamics of the liquid expanded to condensed phase transition of poly(L-lactic acid) in Langmuir monolayers”, Langmuir 2006, 22, 3672.
- Y. Wu, B. Li, W. Wang, F. Bai, M. Liu, “Coordination assisted molecular assemblies of perylene-3,4,9,10-tetracarboxylic acid with Copper (II) ion at the air/water interface”, Materials Sciences and Engineering: C: Biomimetic and Supramolecular Systems 2003, 23, 605.