Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation, founded by Mrs. Eda U. Gerstacker in 1957 in memory of her husband, supports institutions that foster education, public service, healthcare, the arts and community initiatives.
For more than 25 years, the Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation has been a strong partner with Central Michigan University.
From grants and generous donations, the foundation has funded summer camps for autistic children, international opportunities for Central students, scholarships, educational equipment, and bringing prominent speakers to campus.
In addition, the Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation has supported the Mount Pleasant campus’ state-of-the-art facilities for student learning. Starting with the College of Business Administration’s Applied Business Studies Complex (1987), the foundation has given funding to the Charles V. Park Library (1998), the Health Professions Building (2000), the Education and Human Services Building (2005), and currently, the College of Medicine.
In total, the Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation – whose President Lisa Gerstacker attended CMU in the 1970s – has contributed nearly $3.5 M to the university.