BSBA Admissions Requirements
Admission to Professional Business Studies is a two tier process
Tier 1 Continuing Admission to Professional Business Studies will be granted to all students who have earned a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) in the following courses:
- BUS 100 (3) Essential Business Skills
- BIS 101 (3) Essential Business Communication Skills
- ECO 203 (3) Microeconomic Principles of Business
Tier 2 Full Admission to Professional Business Studies will be awarded to students who satisfy the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 42 semester credits with a min. cumulative GPA of 2.50*.
- Completion of the following courses:
- ECO 204 (3) Principles of Macro- and Global Economics
- ACC 250 (3) Introduction to Financial Accounting ( minimum grade of "C-" required)
- BLR 235 (3) Business Law
- STA 282 (3) Intro to Statistics OR STA 383 (3) Elementary Statistical Analysis
- MTH 217 (4) Business Calculus OR MTH 132 (4) Calculus I ( UP Group IIB)
- A 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA in the following courses: BUS 100, BIS
101, ECO 203, ECO 204, ACC 250, BLR 235, and STA 282 or STA 382.
- Students who fail to earn a minimum grade of "C-"
in ACC 250 must retake ACC 250 before enrolling in ACC 255, BIS 255,
and MGT 258. See page 8 of the Student Handbook for more information.
- Students should contact a departmental advisor in the College of Business Administration to sign a major before earning 56 credits.