The library’s Documents on Demand office is where Global Campus
Programs students and faculty go to request copies of
articles, books, and other materials needed for research. You can
request materials from the CMU Libraries collections and from the
collections of other libraries as well. If you need a copy of something,
Documents on Demand is the place to go.
Hours of Operation
How to Request Materials
Frequently Asked Questions
What information should I include with my request?
Please provide Documents on Demand with the following information when making a request:
- Last name, first name, middle initial
- CMU Global ID
- Mailing address
- CMU email address
- Phone number
- Center where attending class
- Course (e.g. MSA 600, EDU 660)
- Status (graduate, undergraduate, faculty, or staff)
- Not needed after date (i.e. receiving the item after this date will be too late)
Is there a cost to have materials delivered to me?
Documents on Demand will pay the cost
of shipping books and photocopies of articles to you. The only costs
you incur are the cost of shipping books back to CMU and overdue fines,
if any. Any photocopies or electronic documents you receive are yours
How long will it take to receive my materials?
Requests for materials are normally processed within 24 - 48 hours.
- If your material is available in the CMU Library, Documents on Demand will send it as soon as possible.
- If the requested item is not available in the
CMU Libraries collection, they will try to get it from another
library. If the not needed after date is more than four weeks
away, they will automatically pursue your request from another source. If
the not needed after date is less than four weeks, they will contact
you to discuss how we might best help you.
How long is the book loan period?
|Undergraduate - Continental U.S.
|Undergraduate - Hawaii
|Undergraduate - Canada/Mexico
Note: Exceptions to these loan periods may apply to
some items (e.g., books received through interlibrary loan). A copy of
the Documents on Demand Book Borrowing Policy will be included with your
books shipment. Due dates are stamped in the back of the books. To
prevent overdue fines or replacement charges, be aware of the due date
for each book you borrow.
Can I renew my books?
If the item does not have a book band around the front cover:
- Login to My Centra at: https://secure.catalog.lib.cmich.edu/patroninfo~S0
- Locate the item(s) you wish to renew in your list.
- Check the box next to the title(s) you want to renew.
- Click on the “Renew Selected” button.
If the item has a book band around the front cover:
- Login to ILLiad: https://illiad.cmich.edu/
- Under “View” on the left menu, select Items Checked Out.
- Select the title(s) you wish to renew and click submit.
How do I return books?
Ship materials to:
Central Michigan University
Documents on Demand
Park Library 212
250 E. Preston Street
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Note: Books are returned at your expense. A
return address label and return instructions will be sent with your
book(s). Books can be returned First Class, Priority Mail, or Ground
Service (UPS). ALWAYS insure your package when mailing books back to us. Documents on Demand recommends that you insure books for $80.00 each.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
- Call Documents on Demand at (800) 274-3838
- Email Documents on Demand at firstname.lastname@example.org
If I need help finding articles and books on my research topic, who should I contact?