Faculty/Staff Care

What is Faculty/Staff Care at University Health Services?

UHS provides care for CMU faculty, staff, their spouses and dependents age 14 years or older who need treatment for acute, episodic illness and injuries.

Services are provided on a space available basis and based on the urgency of need for care.  Follow-up care needs to be scheduled with your primary care physician. 

UHS does not provide emergency care for life-threatening illnesses or injuries, nor does it include long-term management for chronic health problems. Emergency care is that which is needed for a serious problem caused by an injury or illness which arises suddenly and requires immediate treatment to prevent death. If you experience any of the problems listed below, you should go directly to the Central Michigan Community Hospital Emergency Department. Dial 911 for police and ambulance assistance.

Some examples of emergency problems include:

  • Chest pain or pressure
  • Severe shortness of breath
  • Signs of a stroke, such as sudden onset of numbness in an extremity or slurred speech
  • Bleeding that isn't controlled by 10 minutes of firm pressure
  • Poisoning or drug overdoses
  • Major injuries such as a head injury with loss of consciousness
  • Coughing or vomiting blood
  • Suicidal or homicidal feelings

Additional services are available, including a pharmacy, laboratory, x-ray and other diagnostic imaging services. Insurance billing is provided. You do not have to pay on the date of service. Charges can be placed on your personal CMU account.

Immunizations, TB skin testing, and a Travel Health Clinic are also offered. Allergy shots, utilizing serum from your allergist, can be administered by our registered nurses. Call 774-6589 for additional information.​

    We're open Monday through Friday, 8:00
    a.m.-5:00 p.m., in Foust Hall. For
    appointments, call (989) 774-5693.
Central Michigan University • 1200 S. Franklin St. • Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 • 989-774-4000