The current strategic planning process will:
- Develop a vision statement that defines CMU’s desired future;
- Create strategic priorities;
- Create 3 to 5 strategic initiatives to achieve each strategic priority;
- Determine the initial action steps to achieve the initiatives;
- Integrate budgeting and planning to ensure priority of resources to achieve the identified strategic priorities; and
- Incorporate specific and measurable goals to evaluate the efficacy of the efforts to achieve the Strategic Priorities.
To achieve the goal of developing a relevant and adaptive strategic plan, we must gather input and data from a variety of resources including institutional reports and planning documents, university administrators, faculty, students, trustees and other university constituents. This is accomplished through a series of meetings where discussions of the vision, priorities and initiatives occurred.