College of Communication and Fine Arts
University Art Gallery hosts five Art Walk Central award-winning artists
The University Art Gallery hosted five of the 11 award-winning Art Walk Central artists. These awards included:
- $5,000 adult first prize awarded to Cozette Phillips for her sculpture “Looking Back;"
- $2,000 adult third prize awarded to English faculty member Dietmar Krumry for his video art piece “Disparate Measures;”
- $1,000 youth first prize awarded to Alea Thayer for her work “Madness;"
- $1,000 adult third prize for popular vote awarded to alumnus Brett Sauve for his work "The Mark You Left;" and
- $500 youth second prize awarded to Gage Colwell for his work "The Alpha".
College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences
History faculty member's book, "Iraq: A History," receives stellar reviews
History faculty member John Robertson's new book "Iraq: A History" recently received stellar reviews in two major British newspapers: The London Sunday Times and The Independent.
College of Science and Technology
Michigan DEQ announces $700,000 in grants for Great Lakes projects
The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality announced the distribution of more than $700,000 in grants for coastal projects along the Great Lakes, with the funds provided by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration. CMU is one of 11 entities to earn this grant funding.