Students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members engaged with the Master Plan consultants as follows:
- Over 3,200 people took the on-line survey.
- Over 420 people attended the discovery charrette providing input through discussions, on comment cards, and by placing stickers in response to questions on maps. An additional 200+ people provided input by completing comment cards and placing stickers in response to questions on maps placed throughout the University Center.
- Over 90 people participated in the design charrette providing input and comments on the consultants plans for land use. More than 60 people attended the presentations of concepts at the end of the 3 day process.
- The facility condition assessment consultants, together with more than 175 people (BMWs, building coordinator, custodians and CMU shop personnel), inspected more than 5,000,000 square feet of space in 80 buildings.
- The space utilization consultant walked more than 5,400,000 square feet to confirm its use (e.g. office, classroom, etc.). He then met with more than 30 groups to discuss current space usage and future needs.
- The Town Hall presentation was attended by 45 people who asked questions and provide input via comment cards.