Crisis Response and Crisis Recovery
Leveraging the Collective Wisdom, Collaboration and Actions of
Central Michigan University Leaders from Across Campus
Core Crisis Group
CMU's Core Crisis Group (CCG) takes the lead during a crisis and in the days and sometimes weeks that follow. It consists of key individuals who are actively involved in response and communications efforts, often from the moment a crisis is identified.
These individuals discuss emerging details and actions, communication needs, immediate next steps, and short and long term crisis management planning.
- Vice President – Enrollment and Student Services
- Associate Vice President – University Communications
- Assistant Vice President – Student Affairs
- Vice President – Finance and Administrative Services
- Chief – Central Michigan University Police Department
Other individuals will be pulled in as needed to assist and support this team. For example, a building emergency likely would involve someone from Facilities Management. A situation involving a faculty member likely would include the college dean.
The CCG meets on an as-needed basis.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Risk Management, Environmental Health & Safety Office at (989) 774-7398 /