500 E Ojibway Ct
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858-3840
Emmons Hall was designed by Roger Allen and Associates of Grand Rapids, the architect for most of the buildings at Central Michigan University. The basement of the Woldt-Emmons complex, beneath the dining room where Computer Services is now housed, was a new student union, complete with a cafeteria, a bookstore, and recreation rooms. The shared lobby connecting Woldt and Emmons was the first of its kind on campus. The building also housed art studio facilities in the early 1980s.
The hall was named for the Head of the Department of Early Eduction from 1926 to 1934. Emmons received her Life Certificate from the Chicago College of Education. In 1915 she taught kindergarten in Fargo, North Dakota, before coming to Central in 1916. She became the Head of the Department of Early Education in 1926, and received her Bachelors of Education from the Evanston National College of Education. She was a member of the Association for Childhood Education, and helped establish kindergartens throughout Michigan.
Emmons is home to Health Professionals Residential College students.
Emmons Hall has four floors and contains 2-bedroom suites shared by four students. Each room is smoke-free and includes a private bathroom. Accessible accommodations are available.