401 E. Broomfield St.
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858-4589
Saxe Hall, the sister hall to Herrig, was designed by Roger Allen and Associates of Grand Rapids. It was built as a men's hall, then became coed in 1970.
Elizabeth Saxe served as a librarian at Central Michigan University for forty-five years, beginning as a student assistant at the Normal School Library in 1901. By the time she retired as an assistant Librarian in 1946, the Library had increased from three thousand volumes to fifty-five thousand. Students and faculty both appreciated her tirelessness in searching out materials for them and her genuine interest in each of them and their problems. The fire of 1925 was a devastating blow to the school's library resources and Saxe's efforts in repairing and compensating for the losses were greatly esteemed. In addition to working for the college, she also helped to initiate plans for a Mt. Pleasant city library in 1910, to which she donated her many skills and talents.
Saxe Hall has four floors and contains 2-bedroom suites shared by four students. Each room is smoke-free and includes a private bathroom. Accessible accommodations are available.