This multi-purpose building is home to several programs and departments, including College of Graduate Studies, Counseling Center, Information Technology, Research and Sponsored Programs and University Health Services.
Born in Ann Arbor in 1902, Judson Foust moved with his family to Ithaca, Michigan, where he graduated from high school in 1919. He then went on to college and received a degree from Albion in 1923. Upon graduation, he accepted a position as teacher of mathematics and debate coach in a Lansing high school. While teaching he attended the University of Michigan, receiving a master's degree in 1927 and a doctorate in 1938. He began his career at Central Sate Teachers College as a mathematics instructor in 1929 and authored several textbooks. In 1941 he was named director of summer school at Central. He later became assistant to the president in 1946 and vice president in 1952. When President Anspach retired in 1959, Foust succeeded him to the office. He left the presidency in 1968, having served during the largest expansion period yet known to the University.