300 Hopkins St
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858-3807
The R. D. Calkins residence hall was the third part of the North quad that includes Robinson, Trout, and Larzelere. It was designed by Roger Allen of Grand Rapids. It was built on the former site of "Vetville," a collection of temporary metal buildings that housed married ex-soldiers after World War II.
Calkins was built as a women's dormitory. It housed women until 1959, men from 1959 to 1960, and women until recently. It is currently a co-ed residence hall. In its early days, the hall had a policy that each wing would host faculty members to a dinner once a month.
Calkins Hall has four floors and contains 2-bedroom suites shared by 4 students. Each room is smoke-free and includes a private bathroom. Accessible accommodations are available.
For information about Calkins Hall: click here