301 W. Bellows St.
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858-3799
The David M. Trout residence hall was completed in June of 1959. The dedication ceremony took place on April 24, 1960. The federal bonding agreement that provided some of the money for construction stated that it was to be used for a men's dormitory. However, it only housed men for its first year of operation, switching to women in the fall of 1960. Like most dormitories on campus, Trout was designed by Roger Allen and Associates of Grand Rapids. It followed the suite plan designed for Tate Hall. It is part of the North Campus that includes Robinson, Larzelere, Barnes, and Calkins.
When it was first built, Trout was connected to Calkins without any internal barriers.
Trout is the home of many of CMU's honors program students.
Trout Hall has four floors and contains 2-bedroom suites shared by four students. Each room is smoke-free and inclueds a private bathroom.
For information about Trout Hall: click here