Warriner Hall, Central's administration building and the most striking architecture on the campus, was built on the ruins of Old Main, Central's first building, which burned in 1925. Excavation for the new building started on October 26, 1926. The foundation was laid by December 7, the cornerstone by May 27, 1927, and the building was finished in March of 1928. The architects on the project were the firm of Malcolmson and Higginbottom of Detroit.
Warriner Hall has served many purposes in its 73 years of existence. It was originally built as a classroom building, and it housed the English, History, Speech, Mathematics, foreign languages, Psychology and Education, and parts of the Music Department until other academic buildings gradually took over those functions. It had a beautiful library with a two-story ceiling. There was a women's commons and cafeteria in the west wing on the third floor. The building also housed the university mailroom, the campus' first radio station, and a student savings bank.
For information about Warriner Hall: click here