Grawn Hall (Applied Business Studies Complex)
Grawn Hall houses the College of Business Administration, along with a computer lab and student lounge. In addition, Grawn Hall is home to the Isabella Bank Institute for Entrepreneurship. CMU's popular business programs have earned accreditation from the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business.
Grawn Hall is the oldest building at Central Michigan University. It was dedicated as the Science and Agriculture Building on July 8, 1915 by Governor Woodbridge Ferris.
The building is one of the very few on campus that was not designed by Roger Allen of Grand Rapids. Grawn's architect was E.W. Arnold of Battle Creek.
When it first opened, the building housed the departments of Agriculture, Psychology, Geography, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. Until 1965, it housed the various science and mathematics disciplines. During this time, a small greenhouse stood on the present site of the Applied Business Studies Complex attached to the building. It also housed the university's print shop for some time.
For information about Grawn Hall: