Central Michigan University opened an incredible new baseball facility in 2002 as the Chippewas moved into the "new" Theunissen Stadium.
Located on West Campus Drive, just southwest of CMU's athletic facilities, the state-of-the-art baseball stadium seats 2,046 fans.
Central Michigan already had one of the finest baseball facilities in the Midwest in the "old" Theunissen Stadium. That stadium was located in the heart of campus and had been the home of Chippewa baseball since 1949. It was torn down at the completion of the 2001 season to make room for a new health professions building.
Both stadiums are named in honor of William Theunissen, a former baseball coach and Dean of the School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation.