Carey Hall

West CampusCarey Hall 

Carey Hall
202 W Broomfield St
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858-3809

The Joseph P. Carey Residence Hall is part of the Towers complex on the southeast end of campus, which houses more than 2000 students. It was designed by Roger Allen and Associates of Grand Rapids, who built many of Central Michigan University's buildings. It was the second building in the complex to open, following Troutman.

The Towers were partially based on student-designed blueprints. They were originally planned as a six-story complex on the north end of campus, where Northwest Apartments is now located. The site had to be changed, however, when engineers discovered that the ground was not stable enough to support the massive structures. Since shoring up the ground would have increased an already soaring budget, the University decided to build the complex on the other end of campus on newly-annexed land on Broomfield Road.

Carey Hall was the first co-ed residence hall on campus. It had four floors of men and three of women. The first women to move in were refugees from the first Ronan Hall, which was torn down shortly before Carey opened. The hall was co-ed in 1970, housed only men from 1971-1973 and 1976-1978, and became co-ed permanently after 1978.

Currently, Carey Hall is home to Business Residential College students.

Each 1-bedroom suite is shared by four students, although reduced occupancy may be available. All rooms are smoke-free. Accessible accommodations are available.

For information about Carey Hall: click here​

​​​

CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY

1200 S. Franklin St • Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859
Phone: 989-774-4000

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback | Full Site