Wheeler Hall

West CampusWheeler Hall 

Wheeler Hall
200 W. Broomfield St.
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858-3811

The George R. Wheeler Residence Hall is part of the Towers complex on the southeast end of campus, which houses more than 2000 students. It was designed by Roger Allen and Associates of Grand Rapids, who built most of Central Michigan University's buildings. It was the first building in the complex to open.

The Towers were partially based on student-designed blueprints. They were originally planned as a six-story complex on the north end of campus, where Northwest Apartments is now located. The site had to be changed, however, when engineers discovered that the ground would not be stable enough to support the massive structures. Since shoring up the ground would have increased an already soaring budget, the University decided to build the complex on the other end of campus on newly-annexed land on Broomfield Road.

Wheeler Hall opened in 1970 as a men's residence hall. It was co-ed from 1974 to 1975, then women in 1975. It is currently co-ed, as are all of the Towers.

Each 1-bedroom suite is shared by four students, although reduced occupancy may be available. All rooms are smoke-free.

For information about Wheeler Hall: click here​

CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY

1200 S. Franklin St • Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859
Phone: 989-774-4000

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback | Full Site