General Motors Scholarship in Honor of Tony Cervone
Tony retired April 1, 2020.
Tony Cervone was named senior vice president, Global Communications, in May 2014. As GM’s top communications executive, he is responsible for the company’s overall global communications strategy, including the GM Foundation and corporate giving activities.
Prior to his current position, Cervone served as executive vice president of Group Communications for Volkswagen Group of America. He also was senior vice president and chief communications officer for United Airlines. Cervone was previously at GM from 1999 to 2009 in various executive roles. He began his career at Chrysler Group and DaimlerChrysler AG.
Cervone earned a bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University where he majored in Journalism. He is a member of the Arthur Page Society, the Public Relations Society of America and The Seminar. He is a board member of The LaGrant Foundation and Detroit Children’s Fund.
- Signed major in Journalism, Broadcast and Cinematic Arts, or Integrative Public Relations
- Demonstrates financial need
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Renewable up to 3 years after initial award, but student must reapply and meet criteria.
- Awarded for Fall and Spring