HDFS in Action
HDFS in Action will give you the opportunity to explore the programs featured in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies at Central Michigan University. During this visit, you will have the opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at the Child Development and Learning Laboratory while also interacting with faculty, staff, and current students. For information on upcoming dates contact us.
Attend HDFS in action
- Explore the programs offered within the Department of Human Development and Family Studies, including Family Studies, Child Development, and Early Childhood.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the on-campus Child Development and Learning Laboratory, offering hands-on field experiences for HDFS students.
- Participate in a Stroll and Learn opportunity and talk to current CMU students in registered student organizations such as Child Life Student Association, Family Relations Council, and Reimagining Early Childhood, Future Child Advocates, and Connections that Count.
- Learn about Study Abroad opportunities to Mexico and Italy.
- Gather insights about internship opportunities supporting your future goals.
- Review posters of research completed by current undergraduate students.
- Get your questions answered by CMU faculty, staff, and current students.
- Tour campus as well as the buildings specific to the College of Education and Human Services.
|9:00 a.m.||Check-in||College of Education and Human Services EHS building|
|9:15 a.m.||Welcome||French Auditorium|
|9:30 a.m.||Overview of programs|
|9:45 a.m.||Stroll and Learn|
|10:15 a.m.||Inside look at the Child Development and Learning Laboratory|
|10:45 a.m.||Closing activity|
|11:00 a.m.||Campus tour|