Teaching English Learners Program
Although English learners continue to be the fastest-growing segment of the school-aged population, there is a critical shortage of teachers prepared to meet their needs. Accredited by the Michigan Department of Education, CMU's Teaching English Learners (TEL) Minor and PK-12 ESL (NS) Endorsement are highly-marketable degrees that prepare you to attain either an elementary or secondary TEL endorsement.
This program can be completed via two options:
- Dr. April Burke, Director, Teaching English Learners Program | Email Dr. Burke
- Dr. Dawn Decker, Counseling and Special Education | Email Dr. Decker
- Dr. Alejandra Rengifo, World Languages and Cultures | Email Dr. Rengifo
- Dr. Tierney Popp, Human Development and Family Studies | Email Dr. Popp
- Hannah Benke, TEL Minor Student