Dietetics Admission Requirements
You must have a minimum of 3.0 overall GPA in order to sign the dietetics major and enter the pre-professional phase. To move forward to the professional phase each fall semester, you must achieve an overall minimum GPA of 3.00 which will include the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) course work. You cannot have a grade lower than a 2.0 (C) in any DPD course work in order to be considered for the professional phase. The GPAs will include courses completed at other institutions as well as those completed at CMU.
Selection criteria include:
- Application (Can be found on the CMU Dietetics program Blackboard shell).
- Overall 3.0 GPA.
- DPD course grades 2.0 or higher. DPD course grades will be calculated into overall GPA of 3.00
- To graduate with dietetics as a major and to receive a verification statement from the dietetics program, you are not allowed to take any required dietetic courses as credit/no credit.
- Professional recommendations.
- Work, volunteer, and extra curricular experience.
- Autobiographical statement.