It is the mission of the Health Professions Residential College to actively involve residents in community, leadership, academics, service, and scholarship enabling them to excel as leaders in the health professions. Below are specific requirements we expect you to meet as a resident of the HPRC.
- Be committed to academic excellence and to focus on coursework.
- Register and participate in the Leadership Safari Program prior to the start of the academic year.
- Attend the HPRC Orientation on the last day of Leadership Safari.
- Register and successfully complete HPS 101, a freshman seminar class,
"Introduction to the Health Professions" your first semester.
- Complete and document a minimum of 15 hours of community service each semester.
- Uphold the behavioral standards and agreements of the HPRC and Residence Life for Emmons Hall, including adherence to the Alcohol and Tobacco-Free Policy (ATF Floor).
- Sign a Residence Hall Agreement with the Office of Residence Life and an HPRC Commitment Agreement with The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions, including agreeing to alcohol and tobacco-free environment.
- Attend one extra-curricular educational event per semester.
- Attend monthly Community Meetings (4 per semester).
- Achieve a minimum 1st semester GPA of 3.0. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall to return to HPRC at the beginning of Spring semester (GPA's between 2.7 and 2.99 the student will be put on HPRC academic probation).
- Meet with an academic advisor to plan your major prior to the end of your second semester at CMU.
- Have a signed major or letter of intent by the end of the Spring semester.