Language Learning Center
The Language Learning Center includes a walk-in audio/video lab and computer lab. It serves the Department of History, World Languages, and Cultures and other departments by request.
- The lab includes video recordings and DVDs in French, German, Spanish, Russian and Japanese.
- Students have access to dictionaries in French, German and Spanish.
- The labs may be reserved for class instruction. Reserved times are posted outside the LLC door Pearce 303.
Monday: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The audio lab offers a variety of tools to CMU students to further expand their knowledge of a foreign language. It contains:
- 30 Sony audio stations
- 9 TV/VCRs
- 1 multi-standard VCR and monitor — plays videos from around the world
- Audio library to support courses in French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Latin and ESL
- Growing video library to support all language courses offered
Live satellite TV and program guides
- French - TV5
- German - Deutsche Welle
- Spanish - CNN Español
The computer lab is designed for all student and faculty use. Entire classes may be conducted here, but students may use the lab for personal language studies. It contains:
- 16 high-speed computer workstations connected to the internet and equipped with sound cards and microphones
- High-speed laser printer
- Teacher station with visualizer, multi-standard VCR, connections to the internet and foreign language live satellite TV
- LCD projector
- Growing foreign language software library