The Neuropsychology Clinic provides comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations with an emphasis on providing practical recommendations for patients and care providers. The Clinic Director, Reid Skeel, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in Clinical Neuropsychology.
Each evaluation includes assessment or screening of:
- General Intellectual Functioning
- Memory Skills
- Problem Solving
- Sensory/Motor Functioning
- Perceptual Skills
- Communication Ability
- Academic Skills
- Emotional Functioning
Typical referral questions include:
- What is the nature and extent of brain dysfunction following injury, stroke, epilepsy, cerebrovascular disease, brain tumor, toxic injury, etc.?
- Are changes in memory, behavior, or mood in the elderly reflective of normal aging or do they suggest dementia?
- Are behavioral or learning problems related to ADHD, learning disability, or CNS dysfunction?
- Does this person have the potential to return to work, school, or independent living? What accommodations would facilitate maximum independence?
- What are practical suggestions for improving an individual’s daily functioning based on individual cognitive strengths and weaknesses?
- What is an individual’s baseline level of functioning in order to monitor the effectiveness of treatment and/or disease progression?