Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions about Military and Veteran Students

If you have specific questions regarding military, veteran, spouse, or dependent enrollment; we can help. Call or email an enrollment specialist at 800-950-1144 or email us.

You’re eligible for our military tuition rates if you’re an active-duty reservist, guard member, or member of the United States military (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard). Your spouse and qualified dependents (per IRS guidelines) are also eligible with a current military benefits ID card. For details, see Tuition & Fees.

Tuition and fees

Yes! We encourage all our students to explore all types of financial aid, including grants, loans and merit-based scholarships. See Types of Aid for details on the options, and How to Apply for step-by-step application instructions.

Yes. We offer credits that are applicable to your degree program from a variety of military education sources. 

Military transfer credit

We welcome transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions. The maximum number of transfer credits that can be applied toward your program depends on where the credits are transferring from and what degree you pursue. Please visit CMU’s Transfer Students page for more information.

We recognize the value of your learning through professional and life experiences with our Prior Learning Credit. A maximum of 60 undergraduate credits and 12 graduate credits may be applied toward your degree, saving you time and money on your program. Please visit our Prior Learning Credit page for more information.

General education for undergraduate programs at CMU consists of two areas of liberal study and achievement, University Program and Competency Requirements. These are required of all undergraduate students. For more information please refer to the bulletin.

Start your next adventure today