Admission as a dual enrollment student at CMU allows you to enrich your educational experiences by getting a head start on college credits while you complete your high school degree.
- Take classes at CMU that are not available at your high school.
- Take one or two college courses each semester.
- The CMU Admissions Office will work with you to enroll in courses that meet your needs.
- CMU accepts dual enrollment credit from other colleges.
- Count your earned CMU credits both toward high school graduation requirements and college degree requirements.
In order to be accepted for dual enrollment at CMU, you must:
- Be a high school senior. Juniors may be considered in exceptional cases.
- Satisfy the admission requirements for new CMU freshmen - including a 3.35 or higher cumulative grade point average and a 22 ACT composite test score of 22 ACT / 1110 new SAT / 1030 old SAT.
- Receive a recommendation from a high school counselor or principal.
- Apply six months or more before the start of the class you wish to take.
How to apply