Admission as a dual enrollment student at CMU allows you to enrich your educational experiences by getting a head start on college credits while you complete your high school degree.
- Take classes at CMU that are not available at your high school.
- Take one or two college courses each semester.
- The CMU Admissions Office will work with you to enroll in courses that meet your needs.
- CMU accepts dual enrollment credit from other colleges.
- Count your earned CMU credits both toward high school graduation requirements and college degree requirements.
In order to be accepted for dual enrollment at CMU, you must:
- Be a high school junior or senior. Other students may be considered in exceptional cases.
- Satisfy the admission requirements for new CMU freshmen.
- Receive a recommendation from a high school counselor or principal.
- Approval of course selection from high school counselor or principal.
Application, decision, and registration process may take up to four weeks.
- Fall semester start - July 15
- Spring semester start - November 19
- Summer I start - April 2
- Summer II start - May 13
How to apply
- Apply online (Application must be resubmitted every semester that you enroll.) Do not apply using the Global Campus/CMU Online application. Dual enrolled students are not charged an application fee. Select "Pay Later" at the end of the application.
- Submit the following documents to Alex Bohnsack at firstname.lastname@example.org every semester: