International President's Award
International undergraduate students who do not currently reside in Michigan can pay the in-state tuition rate through the President's Award scholarship program, earning a cost reduction of approximately 50 percent. No additional application is required for this award. Please note, any student sponsored by their home country is not eligible for this award.
To be eligible for the President's Award, you must meet the following requirements:
- Overall GPA of 3.3 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Minimum of 24 college credit hours completed (for incoming transfer students only)
Awards can be applied for up to four years of study if the following requirements are met:
- Continuous full-time enrollment (at least 12 credit hours) in fall and spring semesters; summer attendance is not required.
- Live on-campus as a freshman and sophomore, or until the completion of 55 credit hours at CMU (Transfer students are exempt from this requirement.)
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)