Two female students in photo frame Congratulations on your admittance to Central Michigan University! 

Now that you are admitted, please use this page as a guide to the next steps toward becoming an officially enrolled student.

You should receive your offer of admission letter in your mailbox 10-14 business days after a decision has been made. Beginning in October, the mailing will include the instructions below on how to enroll.

Use the PIN included in your letter of acceptance to set up your new CMU account. You will use this account for just about everything on campus, including several of the steps below.

Click here to open a new account​ and establish your Global ID and password. If you are having problems, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 989-774-3662.

An enrollment reservation deposit is used to reserve your place in the incoming class, along with any scholarships you have been awarded, and cover expenses for your orientation session.

Payment can be made online or by calling the Admissions Office at 989-774-3076. Please call the Admissions Office if you believe you may be eligible for a fee waiver based on information provided on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

The deposit is fully refundable if you cancel your admission prior to May 1 (or December 1 if you are beginning classes in the spring semester).

Instructions for reserving your academic orientation session will be sent after your enrollment reservation deposit is made. Information will be sent in late January to students entering in the fall, and in November to students entering in the spring semester.

During your mandatory academic orientation session, you will register for your first semester of classes, meet with your academic advisor, and receive your campus ID card. For more information, please contact the Orientation Office at 989-774-6629.

After paying your enrollment reservation deposit, you will receive in the mail a Residence Life booklet highlighting all of our residence halls. The booklet will contain instructions on setting up your housing, should you elect to live on campus. Transfer students are not required to live on campus. Housing for transfer students is granted based on availability. For more information, contact the Residence Life Office at 989-774-3111 or

In order to receive financial aid, you must change your FAFSA information to be submitted to CMU and cancel your financial aid at your previous institution. For more information, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at 989-774-3674 (Toll free 888-392-0007) or

Once you have been admitted, your transcripts will be officially evaluated by CMU’s Undergraduate Academic Services Office. You will receive an email in your CMU inbox containing the evaluation.