Compete for one of 150 scholarships ranging from full tuition to a full ride
CMU is seeking 150 top high school seniors to comprise the incoming Centralis Honors Scholar class for fall 2015. Register now to compete for a spot in the prestigious Honors Scholar Program and earn one of 150 Centralis Scholarships that range from full-tuition to full-ride.
The Honors Scholar Program is a comprehensive fully-enriched academic experience for high academic ability students who seek to aim higher and achieve more meaningfully through unique educational opportunities and experiences. [Learn more about the CMU Honors Program ]
Students are selected through participation in the one-day Centralis Honors Scholarship Competition conducted each fall on the campus of CMU.
Who is eligible for the Centralis Honors Scholarship Competition?
- High school seniors with a minimum 3.7 high school GPA and an ACT score of 27 or higher (or two-score SAT equivalent of 1220) are eligible to compete.
- A qualifying ACT/SAT score must be verified before registering
Centralis awards are CMU's premier merit scholarships and are awarded only to students who participate in the Centralis Honors Scholarship Competition. Honorees will receive a spot in the prestigious Honors Scholar Program and a four-year financial award.
- Centralis Scholar Award – Covers 100 percent of tuition (up to 36 credits per academic year), room and board, and some general expenses; renewable up to four years; awarded to 20 competition winners; current four-year value is approximately $93,000.
- Centralis Gold Award – Covers 100 percent of tuition (up to 36 credits per academic year); renewable up to four years; awarded to 130 competition winners; current four-year value is approximately $56,000.
- Recipients will be notified in December.
Factors considered in awarding scholarships
- High school GPA and ACT/SAT score
- Information provided on the Centralis Honors Scholarship Competition Application
- Essay competition performance
How to participate
1. Register for a competition date
- For the Oct. 17, 2015 competition – register by Oct. 9
For the Nov. 7, 2015 competition – register by Oct. 30
2. Apply for admission to CMU (apply.cmich.edu)
- A completed admissions application, including receipt of official high school transcripts, ACT/SAT score, and the $35 application fee, must be submitted by the following deadline:
- For the Oct. 17, 2015 competition – apply by Oct. 9
- For the Nov. 7, 2015 competition – apply by Oct. 30
3. Complete the Centralis Honors Scholar Competition Application
- A link to this application will be emailed to you once you register for a competition date. Submit your completed application on the day of competition.
What to expect during the half-day competition
- Check in and attend a welcome reception.
- Learn about CMU's prestigious Honors Scholar Program.
- Meet with current Honors students, staff, and faculty.
- Receive information about CMU's academic programs and get a feel for life on campus.
- Complete a timed one-hour essay in response to a prompt given onsite.
- Learn about student and parent support services such as academic advising, career services, residence life, scholarships and financial aid.
- Choose to participate in an optional campus tour.
For additional information about registration or admission, contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 989-774-3076 or email@example.com.