We are pleased to host group visits for university-bound students, educational organizations, and other special visitors.
If you are a high school guidance counselor, teacher, or other leader of college-bound students, and are interested in bringing a group of 10 or more students to campus, please familiarize yourself with our expectations and guidelines, then complete the request form below. An admissions staff member will contact you to finalize the details of your visit.
Group Expectations and Guidelines
- Groups must submit their visit request at least four weeks prior to their requested date.
- Maximum group size is 100, including chaperones
- Groups must have at least one chaperone for every 15 students. Should a group arrive without the minimum number of chaperones, some activities, including the campus tour, may be canceled.
- Chaperones must be actively engaged and remain with students throughout the presentation and tour.
In order to confirm your attendance and distribute lunch tickets (if applicable), we will ask you to provide a roster of attendees and their contact information. A form will be provided. Please return the completed roster form at least one week prior to your visit.
Timely Arrival on Campus
Arriving on time for your visit is incredibly important. Please refer to the following driving times to Mount Pleasant. Should your group be running more than 15 minutes late, please call our office at 989-774-1840.
- Midland – 50 Minutes
- Saginaw – 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Lansing – 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Flint – 2 hours
- Grand Rapids – 2 hours, 15 minutes
- Oakland County – 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Macomb County – 2 hours, 45 minutes
- Kalamazoo – 3 hours
- Detroit, Wayne County – 3 hours
Admissions Welcome Presentation
An Admissions staff member will welcome your group upon arrival and conduct an admissions presentation, focusing on the admissions and application process, scholarships, academics, life on campus, housing and much more.
Led by a student Campus Ambassador, groups will walk through most of campus, making stops at Park Library, a residence hall room, Student Activity Center and academic buildings. The tour takes up to 90 minutes and groups will walk up to 2.5 miles. We encourage groups to dress appropriately for the tour and for the ever changing weather conditions in mid-Michigan.
Lunch options will be discussed by an Admissions staff member when confirming your visit date and time.
If you find it necessary to cancel your visit, it is essential that you notify our office as soon as possible. Failure to do so may limit future schedule availability for your group.