Your next step to enrolling in the incoming class
Moving forward with your enrollment to CMU is easy when CMU comes to a location near you this spring!
Win free books for your first semester or a new MacBook Pro laptop! See details below.
2018 Dates TBD
Whether you've already paid your enrollment reservation deposit or you still are deciding which college is right for you, attending a Next Steps event is the perfect way to interact with CMU's faculty and staff. Events are designed to answer all your questions about transitioning from an admitted student to an enrolled student at CMU.
- Explore your living options
- Register for Leadership Safari, an exciting five-day college success conference
- Get your student ID card – you'll feel official when you do!
- Connect with a career counselor and finding an academic program you'll love
- Talk with a success coach who can help optimize your collegiate performance
Learn how to schedule your summer orientation session
Drawings courtesy of the CMU Bookstore.
Two attendees at each event will receive a textbook scholarship for the fall semester, covering all required and recommended texts based on student's course schedule. Additionally, one name will be drawn from attendees at all six events to win a 13" MacBook Pro retina display laptop valued at $1,199.
6 p.m. – Check-in
6:15 p.m. – Presentation
Find out what to expect in the coming months as you prepare for enrollment at CMU.
6:45-8 p.m. Academic and Student Services Fair
Meet and greet individuals from our academic programs and student services departments (listed below), and have your specific questions answered while enjoying light refreshments.
- College of Business Administration
- College of Communication & Fine Arts
- College of Education & Human Services
- College of Humanities & Social & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science & Engineering
- The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions
- Academic Orientation
- Career Services
- CMU Bookstore
- Institutional Diversity
- Leadership Institute
- Leadership Safari
- Mary Ellen Brandell Volunteer Center
- Residence Life
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Study Abroad
- Student Success
- ...and more!
What to expect:
"I was happy that CMU provided a local presentation of their program. It provided me an opportunity to validate the school's commitment toward the students outside of their 'campus environment."
"We had already made our decision but after the presentation even my husband and I were excited about this next step for our daughter. It really put our mind at ease about what lies ahead."
"I heard more about programs that I was unaware of prior to this event. It really inspired me to get more involved as an incoming freshman."