ACADEMICS – STUDENT SUCCESS
CMU has excellent faculty, and 94 percent of all classes are taught by professional faculty
- CMU students won first place in the professional development, speaker and sales competition at the annual Pi Sigma Epsilon Pro-Am Sell-A-Thon Event.
- The online fashion merchandising and design program is ranked #1 in Michigan and #2 in the entire United States.
- The online BS in Nursing degree and an online bachelor’s degree in Business Administration will launch fall of 2019.
- Offer more leadership programs than any other institution, teaching students about responsibilities to each other, their communities and employers.
- Global Campus offers online programs to students around the world as well as degree programs at more than 30 locations in the United States and Canada.
- Our gold-level veteran-friendly university has over 155 U.S. flag officers holding CMU degrees.
STANDING OUT FROM THE CROWD
The Carls Center for Clinical Care and Education provides services for 8,000 patients each year.
- Both of the first two classes of medical students have 100 percent residency placement rates.
- The new Chippewa Champions Alumni Center will serve as a welcome center for all alumni, a home for the football team and key meeting and medical spaces for all student athletes. It will be a first class meeting space where major corporations recruit and interview CMU students for Internships and careers and a place for the Alumni Boards and the Advancement Board to hold annual meetings.
- Ian Eickholdt was named the #1 engineering student leader in the USA by the Society for Automotive Engineers.
- CMU’s Fire Up for Excellence Campaign video, featuring Dick Enberg and produced by alum Scott Nadeau, won a Telly Award, competing with over 12,000 entries from all 50 states and five continents.
- CMU’s Fire Up for Excellence Baja Video and CMED Simulation videos produced by alum Scott Nadeau, won International MarCom Awards. MarCom is an international marketing and communications completion sponsored by the Association of Marketing and Communications.
- CMU won a Gold Case Award in Excellence in Design, Single Brochure for the Fire Up For Excellence Campaign Video Brochure beating out Indiana University and University of Michigan.
MAKING AN IMPACT
With the support of our alumni and friends we can become an even greater University
- We have had three consecutive best fundraising years in university history with the campaign at 97 million towards a $100 million-dollar goal — over two and a half years ahead of projected schedule.
- Over 21 gifts received exceeding a million dollars each in the last three years, which was more dollars raised in those short years than at any time in our entire 125-year history.
- There is 100 percent giving participation by the Board of Trustees, National Campaign Steering Committee, Alumni Board and Young Alumni Board.
Central Michigan University is a nationally-ranked institution that fosters a culture of integrity, respect and leadership
- CMU students placed #2 in the world in the 2018 International E.R.P. Sim Competition and were the only U.S.-based team in the competition’s final four.
- Leader in SAP certifications in North America for the business enterprise software used by 40,000 companies worldwide.
- Among just 5 percent of U.S. universities in the highest two Carnegie research classifications.
- U.S. News and World Report ranks CMU #12 in the nation for best online programs for veterans.
- The Center for Merchandising and Design Technology newest high-tech marvel is a “thermal manikin” the size of an infant named Lumi and is the only one of its kind in the United States.
CMU enrolls students from every county in Michigan. Nearly 90 percent of on-campus students are from the state
- Recent encounter with the sixth largest meteorite found in Michigan led to national press coverage with a publicity value of nearly 2 million dollars. Those of you at the Shareholders’ meeting actually had were able to see the meteorite up close.
- CMU students rank #1 among all Michigan public universities for their participation in Alternative Breaks, providing more than 39,000 hours of service to communities around the world.
- Lead the way in research to sustain and manage the world’s largest supply of fresh water.
- One engineering faculty members has been named the Michigan Science Teachers Association 2018 College Teacher of the Year.
- CMU has a $1.2 billion dollar annual impact on the Michigan economy.