Being a Chapter or Club representive gives you the chance to reach out and interact with alumni in your area. One of the best ways to make connections with alumni is creating a Facebook Page for your Chapter or Club. Below are directions on how to create a Facebook page.
Pages are for businesses, organizations and brands to share their stories and connect with people. Like timelines, you can customize Pages by adding apps, posting stories, hosting events and more. Engage and grow your audience by posting regularly. People who like your Page and their friends can get updates in News Feed.
You can create and manage a Facebook Page from your personal Facebook account.
To create a Page:
- Go to facebook.com/pages/create.
- Choose a Page category. Select Company, Organization or Institution
- Choose a subcategory and enter the required information. Choose Organization
- Create a name for your Chapter and Club Facebook Page. (example: Central Michigan University Alumni - Atlanta Chapter)
- Check the box next to I agree to Facebook Pages Terms.
- Click Get Started.
To continue setting up your Page, fill out the following information:
- Description: Add a description with basic information about your Page.
- Websites: Add your website and other sites for your business, like Twitter or Yelp (note: you don't need to include "http://").
- Answer the questions about your Page:
- You will be asked if your Page is a real organization, business, celebrity or brand. Click Yes.
- Then you will be asked if your Page will be the authorized and official representation of an organization, business, celebrity or brand on Facebook. Click No. You can then choose to connect to the Central Michigan University Alumni Association Facebook Page.
- Click Save Info.
After saving your info, you can add a profile picture to your Page or create an ad.