The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees has appointed 13 individuals to the search advisory committee for CMU's 15th president.
Tricia Keith, vice chair of the Board of Trustees, will chair the search advisory committee. Trustee Robb Wardrop will serve as vice chair.
Other members representing faculty, students, staff, alumni, donors and the community are:
- Steven Johnson, vice president, Enrollment and Student Services
- Trustee Bill Kanine
- Dave Keilitz, alumnus, community leader and former CMU athletic director
- Melinda Kreth, faculty member from the Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee
- Pam Murray, alumna, senior benefits administrator, Van Andel Institute
- Tom Olver, president, Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Anna Owens, president, Student Government Association
- Rene Shingles, chair of CMU's School of Rehabilitation and Medical Sciences
- Sid Smith, alumnus, community/business leader and former CMU trustee
- Trustee Rich Studley
- Brad Swanson, chair of the CMU Academic Senate
Trustee Patricia Mooradian was named as an alternate member of the committee, agreeing to serve if necessary.
The executive search firm Witt/Kieffer has been selected to support the committee in the process to select the new president. Witt/Kieffer is the largest and most experienced executive search firm devoted to organizations that improve quality of life: higher education, health care, life science companies and not-for-profit organizations. Its approach is centered on understanding organizational needs and the client's definition of great leadership.
The firm last year supported the successful hiring of new presidents at CMU peer institutions Ball State and Ohio University.