Part Time Board Operator 1/23/17
WFBE-FM and WTRX-AM in Flint is
currently looking to fill a part-time position.
Program Director WFBE-FM/WTRX-AM
(810) 238-7300 ext. 340
Account Executive - KMTV-TV 1/23/17
Description: E.W. Scripps is a premier media organization headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are currently seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Account Executive to join our Sales team. The successful candidate will be a broadcast experienced aggressive, break-out salesperson to manage an important list of accounts and develop new and online business for the station.
The Account Executive works under the direction of the Local Sales Manager to maintain and grow existing business/relationships with our key accounts. Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and company sales growth and retention in our full product portfolio. Professional, with superior people skills, great attitude and work ethic; is excited about the opportunity for developing relationships and acting as a strategic business partner for our customers.
- Increase market share from established account base with a focus on business development.
- Develop high value advertiser relationships and maintain a high level of advertiser satisfaction and results.
- Consult as a strategic business partner with customers offering a variety of advertising, marketing and audience sales solutions.
- Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and company performance.
- Conduct needs assessment interviews with clients to develop customer driven audience solutions.
- Leverages product knowledge and business acuity to create effective solutions for key/large customers.
- Negotiate large deals and contracts across the full offering of products.
- Develops layouts, writes ad copy and prepares sales presentations.
- Anticipate and address problems outside the normal scope of the job and offer solutions.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct formal verbal and written sales presentations.
- Close business in the full product portfolio meeting or exceeding individual and or team goals.
- Monitor competitive media, trends across markets or client industries and identifies opportunities to increase market share.
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenues achievement.
- Create reports on territory performance and strategic acquisition initiatives.
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
- Sales experience generating leads,
- Cold calling,
- Closing business and
- Managing clients
- Comparable combination of education.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Proven ability to sell multiple products, generate new business and increase market share.
- Strong ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline, generate referrals/leads and track/follow-up on leads.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure of multiple deadlines and assignments.
- Must have a diligent work ethic and be dependable.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret sales demographics information to develop creative sales solutions.
- Must be able to use systematic thinking, the ability to persuade and exhibit effective closing skills.
- Prevent ability to negotiate large deals and close contracts.
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and mileage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other software programs such as customer relations software.
Ctrl-Click on the link below, or copy and paste into your web browser, then press the Apply button:
Television Traffic Copy Editor 1/13/17
In collaboration with account executives, sales management, clients and agencies this position is responsible for scheduling commercial copy for national and local advertisers, as well as serving as a back up to the log editor.
- Secure and enter advertising traffic instructions for station advertisers.
- Enter copy information using ad management traffic software.
- Maintain instruction files, tape library, and various other traffic functions.
- Work closely with account executives and traffic management, clients and agencies.
- Act as back-up to traffic log editor as needed. This includes ensuring that the traffic is scheduled in the appropriate time slot and that the engineering department has the information needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year minimum related experience preferred.
- Previous broadcast experience especially with ad management and broadcast traffic systems (i.e. WideOrbit, OSI etc) desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to shift focus in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented and experienced in working in a team environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Work Environment:
- May require limited overtime to cover vacations and holidays.
- Standard office environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
City: Grand Rapids - 49503
- 24 Hour News 8 has a rare full-time opportunity to join our team
of talented photojournalists.
- Our photojournalists are responsible for shooting
video, editing, conducting interviews, and producing content for TV and digital
- Photojournalists should be proficient in live ENG and DSNG
- Photojournalists work closely with a reporter or on their own to
deliver quality content to all platforms.
- Our photojournalists are responsible for shooting video, editing, conducting interviews, and producing content for TV and digital platforms.
- Photojournalists should be proficient in live ENG and DSNG technology.
- Photojournalists work closely with a reporter or on their own to deliver quality content to all platforms.
- If you have an eye for good visuals, please apply at www.woodtv.com/careers.
- No phone calls please.
- Offer of employment contingent upon completion of pre-employment checks.
MULTI-MEDIA JOURNALIST 1/13/17
exciting opportunity is now available for those looking to start their TV news
broadcasting career. WLUC-TV6 and FOX UP are looking for a great storyteller to
join our team. This is a full-time position as a Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ).
an MMJ you’ll do it all. You’ll enterprise stories reporting from the field and
shooting your own video. You’ll handle writing the story, editing it and
producing the story for on-air. You’ll also be handling LIVE shots from the
looking for those individuals able to think outside the box. Find stories that
stand out in the market and leave a lasting impression with the viewer. A
strong grasp of the English language, spelling and grammar are a MUST! We
have an extensive training program and prepare you for bigger and better
markets. The position requires a valid driver’s license.
you’re looking for a progressive TV newsroom with the latest newsgathering
capabilities to get your career on the fast-track, TV6 and FOX UP News is where
you want to work.
an MMJ, you’re able to advance within the newsroom and to other stations within
the Gray Television group, owners of WLUC-TV6.
applicants may apply for this position at www.gray.tv/applynow.
is pleased to be a drug-free workplace and an EEO employer.
Traffic / News Reporter 1/11/17
Company: Gray Television
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Full Time
Date Available: Immediate
- WJRT is looking for a take-charge Traffic/News Reporter to help us continue to grow our morning and afternoon newscasts!
- We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative and aggressive Traffic/News Reporter who can work quickly and independently.
- The candidate should know the area highways, have contacts with MDOT, dispatch and
- local police departments, plus a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live adlib skills, a great personality and thrives on breaking stories.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing active, engaging, and real time live traffic report from ABC12 Flint studio-Traffic Center.
- You are willing and able to change directions quickly from Traffic Reporting to News Reporting
- You have a strong on-air presence.
- You have at least 2 years On-Air TV experience.
- You have experience using audio production software.
- You know Flint/Bay City/Saginaw area roads, mass transit and traffic patterns. You’re willing to learn more!
- You are able to meet deadlines and thrive in a high pressure “Newsroom” environment.
- You are extremely organized, can multitask, have excellent oral & written communication skills.
- You are detail oriented; "Following-up until resolved" skills are a must.
- You have strong computer skills, including Social Networking and ability to post to various digital media platforms and television.
- You have an understanding of police scanners. If not, you are eager to learn!
- You enjoy working with amazing people! You love TV!
- This is a full time benefit eligible position.
- WJRT offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Submit your resume & demo reel (non-returnable) to:
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, MI 48503
**no phone calls or emails please
News Photographer 1/5/17
Description: The photojournalist will capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
Work closely with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment
Maintenance of station equipment and vehicle
Must be available to work overtime, holidays and weekends as necessary
Perform other duties as assigned
- Education & Experience:
- 1 or more years experience as a photographer for a news station
- Associates or Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with lighting and computer based editing.
- Proficiency with live microwave truck operation.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station's Web sites
- Drive company vehicle for business purposes
- NPPA storytelling techniques
- Valid driver's license with no more than four (4) points in the past 36 months, in
- accordance with station policy.
Account Executive 1/5/17
Company: Mentor Partners, Inc.
Station(s): WBRN-AM, WWBR-FM, WYBR-FM
Job Type: Fulltime
Date Available: 1/2/2017
This job notice expires: 2/2/2017
The account executive is the person who sells advertising
and works closely with marketing businesses to the station listeners.
Previous sales experience a plus, but will train.
Must have a valid drivers license and access to
Instructions: Please email resume and cover letter to Careers@bigrapidsradionetwork.com