Night Show Air Talent/Music Director 10/20/16
High School diploma required.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
The knowledge & demeanor necessary to work well under pressure.
Excellent on-air broadcast delivery.
Extremely strong on-air presentation within a Contemporary Hit Music format targeting Women 18-34.
Good phone skills involving listener interaction.
All other skills necessary for the production of a top quality live radio show.
Technical proficiency specifically related to operating a radio control board, digital recording equipment, & studio programming computer software.
Music Master Knowledge and music scheduling experience a plus.
- Minimum two years full-time on-air experience in commercial broadcasting,
- Knowledge of a broadcast facility and previous on-air experience needed.
- This person must have an outgoing personality and be able to deal with clients and the public.
Responsible for the research, development, preparation, production, & execution of entertaining topical on-air program content relevant to the target audience, presented withinspecific format parameters as defined by your supervising manager.
Responsible for hosting 6 live on-air program shifts per week, 5 of those to be broadcast beginning at 7pm Monday through Friday, with the 6th to be broadcast on Saturday or Sunday at times to be determined by your supervising manager.
Responsible for commercial &/or promotional production, public appearances & remote broadcasts as Air Talent &/or board tech, daily social media content & digital interaction with audience, scheduling music & other related duties as assigned by your supervising manager.
Execute air shift format and commercial program logs; perform production tasks. Ability to conduct on site remote broadcasts and appearances and interact professionally with clients and listeners.
Valid driver's license, driving record in compliance with station policy, and proof of insurability (liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property as defined by station policy).
Please apply to:
Must provide audio link.
The E.W. Scripps Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ENTERCOM WICHITA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
To be considered for any of the positions below, please apply online at www.entercom.com and click on "Careers"
KFH-AM / 1240 KNSS-AM / 1330 KDGS-FM / 93.5 KFH-FM / 98.7 KEYN-FM / 103.7 KFBZ-FM / 105.3
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS AS OF 10/17/16
You are the best of the best. You are self-motivated, fearless, creative, a pro-active problem solver, tenacious, detail-oriented, money-motivated and approach this job as if you are your own CEO. You are a self-starter, organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to work without much direct supervision. Entercom is seeking you. Entercom has the latest tools and technology, the most knowledgeable management and is known as offering the best work environment for selling radio advertising in the industry. Nobody in the market can offer more to their clients than Entercom.
Successful candidates are experts in:
- Strategic targeting of clients
- Prospecting and relationship building
- Setting face to face appointments
- Thoroughly analyzing customer needs
- Creatively designing marketing campaign
- Strategically selling compelling concepts to key local and regional decision makers
- Media sales
Digital sales background preferred
Successful track record of new business development
Proven track record in meeting and exceeding defined sales goals
Strategic multi-level selling
As an Account Executive with Entercom, you will also represent some of the largest sports teams and talent in the entertainment world. In keeping with the other members of the Entercom Teams, the #1 trait we hire for is "WINNING ATTITUDE". We are looking for driven individuals who refuse to lose or compromise their level of success even in an unsteady economy. If this describes YOU, please forward your resume and career success stories today. To apply for this position, please visit www.entercom.com/careers . Entercom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part-Time Studio Operators and Producers:
Experience operating radio broadcasting console and/or producing an on-air show preferred. Submit application and resume to: Entercom Wichita, 9111 E. Douglas, Suite 130, Wichita, KS 67207, Attn: Program Director. No phone calls please. To apply for this position, please visit www.entercom.com/careers . Entercom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part-Time On-Air News Anchor/Reporter:
KNSS Radio has openings for experienced on-air news anchor/reporters. Submit an application, resume and tape to: KNSS Radio, ATTN: Tony Duesing, 9111 E. Douglas, Suite 130, Wichita, KS 67207. Your resume may also be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit an Entercom application for consideration. You can find Entercom job applications and internship applications on line by going to www.entercom.com, click on jobs and select "Wichita" and go to the end. To apply for this position, please visit www.entercom.com/careers . Entercom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SPORTS BROADCASTER 10/19/16
WMLM 1520 AM seeks independent contractor to broadcast local high school football and basketball games.
Please contact Dawn Augustine at 989-463-4013 if interested.
NEWS PRODUCER 10/10/16
KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, KBSL-TV, is currently accepting applications for a full-time News Producer to join the #1-rated news team in Kansas.
- Are you a now producer, with a hungry rundown, chock-full of urgent and impactful information?
- Do you excel at winning breaking news and weather coverage?
- Is your idea of fun coming up with new ways to showcase strong enterprise reporting and storytelling?
- If so, then this job is for you! KWCH, in Wichita, Kansas, is looking for its next NOW producer to join our dominant #1-rated news team.
- The successful candidate should do what it takes to consistently produce a show that stands out as best in their market.
- You should know how to “produce up” a story.
- You should live and breathe social media and thrive at integrating it into your shows.
- Oh yeah, and you should love weather, because we get a lot of the toughest weather Mother Nature can dish out.
- We’re seeking someone with 2-4 years of news producing experience.
- If you’re right out of school, you CAN get a job here, and to do it your show has to really rock!
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record, are required.
- Prioritize, organize, and produce newscasts
- Maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and local contacts
- Search wire services, network feeds, websites and others sources to find relevant material for newscasts
- Work with news management to determine which stories to air during evening newscast
- Coordinate story assignments with assignment manager
- Collaborate with news operations staff to build graphics
- Act as leader in facilitating teamwork of staff members
- Accurately edit video with an eye for visual elements that make stories understandable to the viewer
- Work with directors and anchors on presentation of stories
- Assist reporters on story development, story expectations, and accurately gathering information under pressure
- Write creative headlines and teases
- Research and brainstorm story ideas, present ideas in editorial meetings
- Generate promotable story ideas daily
- Post and update stories to station website and social media sites, engage viewers
- Communicate with the web staff during breaking news
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Write news stories
- Monitor competition’s shows and websites for missed leads
- Assist producers in formatting other newscasts
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Clear, concise, conversational writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate solid news judgment
- Maintain strong journalistic ethics
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Be creative and create compelling and memorable newscasts
- Knowledge of newsroom software
- Knowledge of web posting software
- Strong research skills, including online research using various search engines
- Ability to stay current with national and local news/weather
- Intermediate-level knowledge of social media
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrate leadership through training and mentoring less experienced staff members; guide others to get the desired outcome
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment; work well with co-workers
- Edit video and audio on industry standard equipment
- Build graphics and use effectively in shows
- Handle and adjust to last-minute changes
- Make quick, accurate decisions during the on-air process
- The position offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package, including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.
Send your reel and resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
2815 E 37th St N
Wichita KS 67219
Part Time Newsroom Assistant 10/5/16
- Position calls for researching and gathering information for
news stories, writing news copy, editing news video, and other duties.
- Minimum educational requirements include: Bachelors degree
(typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or
similar demonstrated on the job experience.
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the
required education on a year for year basis.
- News writing experience and an understanding of newsroom
operations a bonus.
- Must have basic understanding of news production ad
desire to work in a news environment.
- Must be able to work independently as well as I a team in a
fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Understanding of current news
events and world events.
- This position may require working overnights and/or
weekends, as well as holidays.
- Must possess and maintain a valid
Please send cover letter and resume to : WJRTHRJOBPOSTINGS@ABC12.COM
Jayne Hodak / News Director
2302 Lapeer Road
Flint, MI 48503
Morning Co-Anchor 10/3/16
DEPARTMENT HEAD: Kevin Ragan, News Director
PHONE: (517) 393-0110
FAX: (517) 393-8555
- WILX, the NBC affiliate in Lansing, Michigan, is looking for a co-anchor to join our morning news team.
- We want a team player who knows how to write news and deliver it with energy.
- We want someone who will make connections to the community, contribute original reporting and understand the importance of social media.
- Lansing is a great news town. It is Michigan’s capital city, Michigan State University is in
adjacent East Lansing and General Motors has built two of its most modern assembly plants in the world here.
- WILX is a state of the art facility, with one of the most technically innovative sets in the
- WILX is a drug-free company and require pre-employment drug testing.
- WILX also participates in E-Verify. EOE
SEND RESUME TO: Kevin.Ragan@wilx.com
OR MAIL TO: WILX-TV 10
Attn: News Director
500 American Road
Lansing, Michigan 48911
GRAY TELEVISION; DBA WILX-TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT COMPANY
CURRENT EMPLOYEES APPLYING FOR THE POSITION SHOULD SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO STATION HR DEPT.
Multi-Media Journalist 9/27/16
The multi-media journalist is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories.
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
Minimum of two years of experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and be able to provide certificate of insurability with company required insurance limits.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Please Ctrl-Click on the link below, or copy/paste into your web browser and then click on the Apply button:
Manager of MCTV and
Library Communications 9/27/16
The City of Midland, Michigan seeks an experienced candidate to
oversee all activities of a municipal and community access cable station in
order to provide citizens an optimal level of quality programming and
information pertaining to city services, community events and issues.
This position also assists the Library Director in the implementation of a
strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and
strengthen the role of the Library and MCTV in the community. For a complete
job description and employment application please visit our website: www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/careers
Video & Media Content Designer 9/26/16
City/County: Lansing/Ingham County
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Pay Grade and Annual Salary: Pay Grade 3, $50,025 to $64,975 annually
Business Unit: Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
Supervisor: Nick Nerbonne, Digital Media Director
Brief Job Description:
- This position works as a video production specialist for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and its programs to conceptualize and create cutting-edge, dynamic multimedia and video products to present the MEDC to industry stakeholders, the press, and to multiple audiences via social media.
- This position participates in all stages of the multimedia development life cycle, including initial concept, gathering requirements, conducting stakeholder interviews, development, testing, and distribution to create content to meet the online, mobile and social platform needs of the MEDC.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
- Knowledge of and demonstrable skills with a variety of video and audio formats, technologies, video and audio compression, post production, delivery requirements, video capture and encoding, graphic design and motion graphics
- Skilled knowledge of camera, lighting, and sound
- Knowledge of and proficiency in using AVID, Final Cut Pro Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite applications or similar products
- Ability to troubleshoot position-specific electronic and IT devices
- Familiarity with social media platforms for content distribution
Minimum Education Required:
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
- Also acceptable is training in a vocational school, with course work in communication, marketing or public relations, or significant related on-the-job experience.
Minimum Experience Required:
- This position requires a minimum of two to four years of related experience and/or training in public relations; communications; videography, content management, social media applications, and/or other specialized software related to the position responsibilities.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a video producer and/or editor is preferred.
How to Apply: If you believe that your qualifications meet the listed requirements and are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and a completed Employment Application by e-mail to email@example.com.
Note: A completed application is not required for current MEDC employees who apply.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader (download here) is required to complete the application.
Please document in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the preferred candidate language listed above.
In addition, applicants should include with their application material a demo reel or brief selection of works for the recruitment team to review.
Deadline for Response: October 9, 2016
Studio Technician 9/23/16
Job Number 12275
Company Name E.W. Scripps Company
Contact Name VirtualEdge Administrator
Response Type Via Web Site
Jobs Available 1 Full Time
Years Experience Not Specified
Education Required No Minimum
Job Type Direct
Travel Percentage 0
Job Level Entry-Level
- Studio Technician IV, ensures that sets, props and technical equipment are ready to use and safely positioned prior to programming; effectively communicate between newsroom Managers, local programming team and production
- Anticipate and prevent problems that could impact the show
- Serve as a link between the floor and program director to ensure timings are met and the broadcast goes smoothly
- Verify studio set and technical equipment are ready to use and safely positioned prior to show start; communicate complex information, any changes and timing cues to on-air talent and production team; execute specific actions that support the show activities.
- Oversee the schedule and workflow; exchange pertinent information with talent, guests and floor crew to ensure timings are met; assist with placement/removal of show props and specialized components for the broadcast; troubleshoot technical problems during live production.
- Assist director with organization and scheduling of studio techs; coordinate schedules with other departments involved; coordinate the work of others; support/implement operational plans to enhance production techniques and services.
- Conduct training on equipment, procedures and operational tasks; mentor and develop the skill sets of production studio team members; identify process improvements and lead others to implement corrective actions.
- Guides work of others who perform essentially the same work. May organize, set priorities, schedule and review work, but has no responsibility to hire, terminate, review performance or make pay decisions
- Administrative Activiates: Copying and Filling out forms/documents
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- Vocational, technical training or associate degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years experience
Skills & Abilities
- Perform complex and technically demanding work associated with TV production
- Preempt potential problems and provide effective solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Take the lead in understanding and applying new technology, and teach others to become proficient
- Mentor other less experienced members on the team
- Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
- Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals or infectious diseases in work setting.
Assignment Editor 9/21/16
Grand Rapids - 49503
- 24 Hour News 8 is looking for the next leader of its assignment
- desk team.
- The ideal candidate should be plugged into the community and
- understand the importance of gathering unique content.
- This position requires
- someone who is aggressive on breaking news – flexible with resources – highly
- organized -- and has the ability to build strong sources in the community.
- If you are passionate about managing an assignment desk and want to win the big stories – please apply at www.woodtv.com/careers.
- No phone calls please.
- Offer of employment contingent upon completion of pre-employment checks.
News Reporters 9/21/16
Company: Mid-West Family Broadcasting
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Full Time
Date Available: Immediately
The key "front-line" people in the news department located in a
beautiful, coastal resort area.
- They are on-the-scene at every kind of event.
Local news reporters must be excellent writers, capable of working quickly and
- Some evening and weekend hours.
We offer salary and a full benefits package available with Health, Dental, 401K
and Flexible spending.
Degree preferred but not necessary.
Minimum 1 year in news reporting and anchoring.
If you are excited about the opportunities available,
please send your resume, writing samples and mp3 airchecks to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fax: (269) 925-1011
Instructions: Please site (in your e-mail or cover letter) the location that
you saw this job posting.