- B.A. Mass Mediated Communication, Adrian College, 1995
- M.A. Broadcast & Cinematic Arts, Central Michigan, 2001
- Ph.D. Electronic Media Arts & Sciences, Ohio University, 2004
- Multi-Media Unit Head
- Course Coordinator and Instructor: Online Electronic Media and Advanced Online Electronic Media
- Instructor: Media Convergence
JEFFREY S. SMITH holds the B.A. in Mass Mediated Communication from Adrian College, the M.A. in Broadcast & Cinematic Arts from Central Michigan University, and is currently completing his Ph.D. dissertation at Ohio University. He has an extensive on-air radio background at both noncommercial and commercial stations including WVAC and WLEN (Adrian), as well as at WCMU-FM, and possesses extensive expertise in audio streaming. Jeff has taught at Adrian College, Ohio University, as a fixed-term instructor at CMU and is currently a full-time associate professor in the School of BCA. He has made eight national conference presentations and has published in Scope: An On-Line Journal of Film Studies and the Journal of Media Education. Jeff teaches web design, media convergence, supervise BCA’s internship programs, and serves as the faculty advisor for the CMU chapter of the National Broadcasting Society, as well as serving on that organization's Board of Governors and as their Webmaster.