Consider these key resources that distinguish CMU’s electronic
• Radio experience with 13,000 watt HD station WMHW-FM
• Broadcast and online journalism opportunities with News Central
• Video entertainment and sports production and programming with BCA’s 24-hour cable television station MHTV.
• Webcasting experience with Moore Media Digital Design (M2D2), the school’s multimedia design, development, and production laboratory
• Professional development through chapters of the National Broadcasting Society/Alpha Epsilon Rho (NBS/AERho) RTDNA (Radio Television Digital News Association), and AWM (Alliance for Women in Media)
• Recording industry training in the school’s own record company, Moore Media Records!
The School of Broadcast and Cinematic Arts features audio, video, and online studio/control room complexes and editing labs. These facilities are used for classroom instruction and operation of the school’s FM radio stations, cable television program service, and award-winning Web site. Students work on a variety of programs that are carried on the local cable television system, including News Central, Mount Pleasant’s only nightly newscast.