Team Elmer’s, a family owned heavy construction company since 1956, is comprised of four divisions – asphalt
and crane and rigging
. Our Traverse City, Michigan-based company proudly employs more than 400 skilled professionals, and operates out of 13 Michigan locations.Description:
Team Elmer’s seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known Northern Michigan construction company.Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Update and maintain Team Elmer’s social media presence, including website maintenance, scheduling Facebook, and Twitter updates, as needed.
• Execute, write, and manage monthly e-Newsletter
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts, and other stories
• Designing flyers, graphics, project profiles, and other marketing material for Team Elmer’s
• Maintain the Team Elmer’s website, archive press releases, and post updated project profiles through CMS system
• Organize and/or attend weekly marketing meeting, including preparing agenda’s and taking notes as needed
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
• Design, or manage design, prepare budget, target market, and distribute construction postcards for work in the area.
• Shoot still photos and video of crews during construction season for year-end company compilation video.
• Maintain archive of references/ contacts/materials for work completed. Qualifications:
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the web/social media space
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Journalism,
Marketing/Communications, Graphic Design, or Public Relations)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML, Adobe Premier, AfterEffects and graphic design a plus
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for Team Elmer’s and the construction industry.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow- up skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Individual travel will be required at times to out of town plant locations. For efficiency, an overnight stay may be required at national chain hotels, accommodations paid for by company, gas money or transportation provided by company.Start Date:
Position open until filled, minimum 3 month commitment. May 1–Aug. 30 preferred, possible April 1-Oct. 1, if weather breaks early and intern schedule allows.Hours:
30-50 hours/week. Primarily Monday-Saturday. Some Sunday work and some night work.Compensation:
This is a paid internship starting at $10 per hour.To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com