The Digital Discovery Scholarship is being offered to one of the attendees of the summer workshop. The scholarship will be for $2,000 per academic year for four years. To retain the scholarship, the recipient must major in journalism and maintain adequate academic progress, including the requisite 2.0 grade point average in journalism courses. To be considered, the student must meet the following criteria:
Attending the Digital Discovery Workshop means working in CMU's Caponigro Lab, which features state-of-art MacIntosh computers and the latest Adobe Suite of production software.
- Be a high school junior or senior in good standing.
- Meet the general admission requirements of the university, including class rank, GPA, and ACT scores.
- Complete a scholarship portfolio by Aug. 15, 2014. The scholarship portfolio should include the following:
1) An essay of 500 to 1,000 words on future career plans that would be aided by completing the CMU journalism program.
2) Copies of work done by the applicant at the workshop.
3) Any other journalism pieces the applicant wishes the committee to consider.
4) A completed scholarship application.
Journalists attending the workshop report, write
and produce stories over two-and-a-half days of
hard, but exciting work.
The selection of the scholarship recipient will be made by a committee of journalism faculty members at CMU led by the Digital Discovery director. The outlines for the scholarship application, as well as how to submit all materials, will be available at the workshop.