Central Michigan University, one of only two accredited journalism programs in the state, is seeking a select number of scholastic high school junior and senior students for the launch of an intensive, three-day, digital-only clinic this summer, June 27-30, 2013.
Those selected for the program will get the total university experience:
- Work with top-notch professors passionate about the future of news
- Stay and work on Michigan's most beautiful campus
- Develop lifelong friendships and contacts
- Learn the latest in digital newsgathering and production techniques in CMU's state-of-the-art journalism laboratory
- Produce a digital news publication with stories, video and slideshows
- Be a high school junior or senior in good standing
- Write a 500-word essay about why you want to attend the clinic and how the experience might affect your future plans
- Curriculum and materials are provided
- Room and board: $150 inclusive (Students should be prepared to bring their own spending money for incidentals)
- Diversity scholarships are available
Ed Simpson, Ph.D.
Director, CMU Journalism Discovery Workshop
Main office number: (989) 774-3196