Since its founding in 1892, more than 140,000 students have received their degree from CMU. Graduates from the department of Communication and Dramatic Arts span the globe, successfully putting their education to use in all aspects of their lives.
We're interested in your story and hope you'll take advantage of one of the opportunities below to share, and reconnect with faculty, staff and friends from your past.
- Social Media and Email groups:
- Phone or visit
- You can connect with us with a simple call our office at 989-774-3177, by reaching out to your favorite faculty (current list), send us an email, or drop by our Moore 333 office and say hi.
- The CMU Alumni Association
CDA Alumni News
- CMU Theatre alum, Maegan Burnell, has been hired as the children's show stage manager at the Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities in Colorado. She is currently working on Lyle the Crocodile that will open Feb. 13th and run through May 23rd. Maegan will also be returning to be part of the stage management team at the Creede Repertory Theatre in Creede CO in May, working as an Assistant Stage Manager for Annie Get Your Gun, Hope & Gravity and as the stage manager for the Kids Show. Information about and tickets for Lyle the Crocodile are available at http://arvadacenter.org.
- CMU Theatre alum, Clyde Sheets, designed Lighting for the Muskegon Civic Theatre’s production of Time Stands Still that ran through January. Clyde is also designing lights for Clybourne Park at Muskegon Community College. Clybourne Park opens February 12th and runs through the 16th at the Overbrook Theater. Tickets and information are available at http://www.muskegoncc.edu/pages/421.asp. Clyde will also be designing lighting for upcoming theatre productions at Grand Valley State University.
- CMU Theatre alum, Casey (Mueller) Schmidt is currently serving as Group Sales Coordinator of UMS. Housed on the campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, UMS is one of the oldest performing arts presenters in the country, committed to connecting audiences with performing artists from around the world in uncommon and engaging experiences. Casey is currently handling group sales for The Suit which is directed by Peter Brook and will be presented in the Power Center in Ann Arbor February 19-22. For more information, please go to http://tickets.ums.org/single/eventlisting.aspx.
- CMU Theatre alum, Natalie (Waterous) Carmolli will be starring in Muskegon Civic Theatre's production of Time Stands Still by Donald Margulies. Black box setting on the stage of the Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts in Muskegon, Michigan. Opens January 17th and runs through January 25, 2014. Information and tickets are available at http://www.muskegoncivictheatre.org/.
- CMU Theatre alum, Larry Joe Campbell, along with Jim Belushi, Joshua Funk and Megan Grano (Jim Belushi and the Board of Comedy) performed in Plachta Auditorium on Friday, January 17th, and then taught improv workshops to CMU Theatre students on Saturday, January 18th. For more information about the improv company please go to http://www.jimbelushi.ws/board-of-comedy.
- CMU Theatre alumni, Randall Colburn, Kate Holst-Test and Rob Grabowski, presented “I’m Graduating. Now What?” in the Kiva on Friday, January 17th. During the panel, Randall, Kate and Rob presented information about their educational and professional careers, and answered Theatre student questions.
- CMU Theatre alum, Phil Powers, will be starring in Performance Network Theatre's world premiere of County Line by David Wells in Ann Arbor, Michigan. County Line opens January 24th and runs through February 16th, 2014. Information and tickets are available at http://performancenetwork.org/countyline.
- CMU Theatre alum, Stephanie Buck, is directing Lanford Wilson's Redwood Curtain at The Purple Rose Theatre Company is Chelsea, Michigan. Redwood Curtain opens Thursday, January 16th and will run through March 15th, 2014. Information and tickets are available at http://www.purplerosetheatre.org/onstage.
- CMU Theatre Alum and CMU Notable Alumni, Jeff Daniels, recently won an Emmy Award for his performances in the second season of the HBO series The Newsroom.
If you'd like to share an update on your life and career, please email email@example.com with your information!