- Position: Communication Area Coordinator - Professor
- Campus Address: 352 Moore Hall
- Phone: (989) 774-3763
- Email: email@example.com
- Office hours: please click here for the most recent list of CDA faculty office hours.
Degrees and Universities
B.S. University of Utah; M.A. Wichita State University; Ph.D. University of Kansas
Concentrated Area of Study:
Dr. Hinck's interests lie in the study of political debate and forensic pedagogy. Currently, Dr. Hinck is in the process of working on a book project with his colleagues William O. Dailey and Shelly Hinck on how face saving and face threatening strategies shape audience's perceptions of candidates in presidential and vice presidential debate. As the Director of the Forensics Program at CMU he enjoys coaching undergraduates in speech activities sponsored by the National Forensic Association and mentoring graduate assistants who serve as Assistant Coaches in our program.
- National Communication Association of America
- American Forensic Association
- Central States Communication Association
- National Forensic Association
Selected Publication and Presentations:
Politeness and the Study of Presidential Debates, Invited Guest Lecture with Shelly Hinck, University of Kansas, April 9, 2004.
Politeness in the 2000 and 2004 Presidential Debates, Argumentation & Advocacy, Co-authored with William O. Dailey and Shelly Hinck, forthcoming.
Building an Endowment, National Forensic Journal, 23,116-125.