Audition requirements and procedures vary from production to production and are open to all CMU students regardless of major, minor or year in school. Audition information is announced in TAI classes, and posted on the bulletin board outside the TID Offices (Moore 133). It is also available through the director of each production and by calling the office of the Department of Communication and Dramatic Arts at 989-774-3177.
Scripts will be on reserve at the Park Library Reserve Desk. Please read the scripts before auditions. Applications for crew assignments can be found on the board outside the Theatre, Interpretation and Dance offices (Moore 133).
Be sure to check the bulletin boards outside Moore 133 and in the green room for additional audition opportunities.
House of Several Stories – Directed
by Keeley Stanley-Bohn
- Roles: 3 Women and 2 Men
Date and Time: Tuesday, 11/19 and Wednesday 11/20 – Time: 6:00-9:00
- Location: The Townsend Kiva (Moore Hall)
- Sign-up: No
advance sign-up required
- Callbacks: Thursday, 11/21,
6:00-9:00 pm in Theatre-on-the-Side
- Rehearsals begin: Monday, January 13, 2014
- Performances dates:
February 19 – 23, 2014
Cherry Orchard - Directed by Dr.
- Roles: 5 Women and 9 Men
- Audition Date:
January 21 (6 p.m. to 9 p.m.) and January 22 (7 to 10 p.m.)
- Location: The Townsend Kiva, Moore Hall
- Callbacks: January 23 Time: 6 to 9 p.m.
- Students interested in auditioning should:
(1) read the script (copies on reserve in Park Library but any translation will do)
(2) prepare a one-minute monologue from a realistic play (preferably a play from
the late 1800s-early 1900s; e.g., Chekhov (other than The Cherry Orchard),
Henrik Ibsen, August Strindberg, George Bernard Shaw)
(3) sign up for the earliest available audition time and obtain an audition form on
bulletin board outside Mo 133
- Audition process:
(1) students will audition at assigned times in groups of 8
(2) each person will present her/his monologue
(3) readings from the script will follow
- Rehearsals begin: Monday, January 27, 2014
- Performance Dates: April 2 – 6, 2014 (including a 10am performance on April 2)
- Contact: Tim Connors (Director) - MO 136 (inside the MO 133 faculty office suite) - 774-3815
Note: Applications for staff assignments are posted on the board outside the Theatre, Interpretation, and Dance offices (Moore 133). If you are planning to also audition for the Riecker Literary Series, you should plan your The Cherry Orchard audition for Tuesday.
UT Dance Company Concert - Artistic Direction by Heather Trommer-Beardslee
The Unseen - Directed by Alex Nye
- The UT Dance Company Auditions take place in September each year. For information, please contact Heather Trommer-Beardslee by phone at 989-774-4305 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AUDITION DETAILS - STUDIO
Love Song - Directed by Alex Nye
production was precast. There will be no auditions.
God of Carnage -
Date: January 27 & 28 - Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: TBA
- Sign-up: Sign up sheet will be posted on
the studio show board outside Moore 147 on January 13th.
- Callbacks: January
- Details: This
is a romantic comedy. Please bring a prepared one-minute comedic monologue to
auditions. Call backs will consist of cold-reads from the script
- Rehearsals begin: January
dates: April 10 – 12
By: Yasmina Reza - Translated by: Christopher Hampton - Directed by Matt Neier
Date: January 29
- Call backs: January 30
- Location: Moore 216 - – Time: 7-10 pm
Please prepare a 1 minute comedic monologue from a contemporary play. Sign-Ups will be posted outside of Moore 147 on January 20th
Scripts will also be available in the Green Room (Moore 149) 0n January 20th. Roles for 2 Men and 2 Women. If you have any questions or you need a different audition time feel free to contact Matt Neier at email@example.com. “God of Carnage” is presented through special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc. New York.
Dates: March 27 – 29 in Theatre-on-the-Side