We invite you to come and be entertained as we present a wonderful selection of plays this year! All the information you'll need is below, and for all the inside information about upcoming events, special productions, faculty, staff, students, rehearsals, auditions and more, you can also join us on Facebook!
Please click on the following links for information about Studio Theatre productions
Theatre For Young Audiences production
, and auditions and crew positions
- Advance tickets: available through CMU Ticket Central - (989) 774-3045 - CMU Events Center.
- At the Door: Any remaining tickets are available at the Bush Theatre Box office starting one hour before each performance.
- Prices: Range from $7 - $12 and you can also save up to 62% with Season Coupons! A delivery fee may apply.
The Complete World of Sports (abridged)
A hilarious and irreverent look at man's obsession with sports from the twisted comic genius that created the sellout smash, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged). Its rapid-fire madcap antics will have you laughing non-stop!
- Written by Reed Martin and Austin Tichenor
- Directed by Steve Berglund
- Bush Theatre - September 3-7
- Oakton High Homecoming Dance, 1999 (World Premiere)
- Heartbreak, indecision, and one giant meteor hurtle towards Oakton High on Homecoming night in this world premiere by playwright and CMU alum Randall Colburn.
- Written by 2005 CMU Theatre alumnus Randall Colburn
- Directed by Tim Connors
- Theatre-on-the-Side - October 9-12/16-19
- 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (Musical)
Six quirky and pubescent overachievers, guided by equally oddball adults, compete to win and to fit-in in this Tony Award winning work of comic brilliance. A hilarious and heartwarming musical treat!
- Book by Rachel Sheinkin
- Music and Lyrics by William Finn
- Directed by Keeley Stanley-Bohn
- Musical Direction by LaToya Lain
- Bush Theatre - November 12-16
The Hundred Dresses
Set in 1938, a young girl silently watches as her American friends tease and ridicule a young Polish immigrant, the consequences of which changes her forever.
- by Mary Hall Surface; adapted from the book by Eleanor Estes
- Directed by Nancy Eddy
- Bush Theatre - February 11-15
A Streetcar Named Desire
A gripping and timeless tale of need, love, loss and struggle, this Pulitzer Prize winner builds to a heart-rending conclusion. Tennessee William's must-see classic is one you won't want to miss!
- by Tennessee Williams
- Directed by Steve Berglund
- Bush Theatre - April 8-12
University Theatre Dance Company Concert
Enjoy the passion of dance performed to powerful music! Styles include: jazz, ballet, hip-hop, theatrical story dance, modern and more.
- Artistic Direction by Heather Trommer-Beardslee
- Bush Theatre - April 23-26
For more information, please contact:
Director of University Theatre, Professor